• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DUBIAS PLEASE

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
I am in desperate need of Dubia Roaches for sale. I tried to start my own colony but go through them much too fast feeding a Brazilian Birdeater, a GBB, three forest scorps, two desert scorps, and now a juvenile Bearded Dragon. I usually buy from Ebay, but the prices are outrageous imho. Please text or call me if anyone has any for sale,

315-744-3270

Thanks so much,

Kelly

Fleas

3 Year Member
Really? That's where I got mine at lol I thought they were on the cheaper side. Maybe it was Amazon.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
abdragons.com as well. I've never ordered from them, but they seem to specialize in them. I got mine from my LPS and started my own colony. I had to stop myself from feeding them off before I could get the colony established, I know it's tempting to do. They certainly make life easier and cheaper if you let them get started though. If my adults get low I just feed superworms for a few months, and voila, more crunchy snacks are available. But I feed them off carefully to keep the colony small, and I have around 35 tarantulas, so I don't really have extra to offer, sorry..

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
Thanks for your response. I will try Amazon as well as the other suggested sites here, too. Although now my Beardie has gone into brumation for the winter, so hopefully the colony can establish itself well before she comes out in February. Hard to walk by her tank and not see her rush to the front for a hug.. sigh... Happy Holidays to you and yours :)

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
abdragons.com as well. I've never ordered from them, but they seem to specialize in them. I got mine from my LPS and started my own colony. I had to stop myself from feeding them off before I could get the colony established, I know it's tempting to do. They certainly make life easier and cheaper if you let them get started though. If my adults get low I just feed superworms for a few months, and voila, more crunchy snacks are available. But I feed them off carefully to keep the colony small, and I have around 35 tarantulas, so I don't really have extra to offer, sorry..

lol. I know the feeling. It was hard not to feed them all off before they got a chance to get going. Idgie (my Beardie) has gone into brumation and won't be out again until February so from now until then they have a good chance of establishing themselves. I like your "more crunchy snacks" line. They certainly do crunch don't they? Idgie seems to really get off on getting a nice big one and breaking it in half and crunching them up one at a time.. heaven forbid it was holding an egg sac inside, she practically licks the juices off her lips.. icky but glad she's happy. Jewels prefers crickets, but does like a mid size juvie after a molt. Pickles, the LP, grabs a nice big one up once a week or so, oddly enough she's never been a huge eater, despite her species, but that could be due to her now living in NY where the temps are much lower instead of temperate Brazil ;)