• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DOOM

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Anyone played it yet? I got it for ps4 and I'm loving it. This game is old school, but with nice graphics and motion blur. The combat is pure id. I haven't enjoyed a fps so much since quake 2 or half-life. I'm really impressed, Bethesda knocked it out of the park. Its nothing fancy, just a fast paced, intense shooter. It was really well done, and fans of the franchise should love it.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No dammit! My pc is unavailable at the moment and I'm itching to get back to fallout...and ESO....and well...everything.

Rmac88

3 Year Member
I've seen a lot of gameplay, it looks amazing. I was actually a huge fanof Doom3, and this new one seems much more intense. Unfortunately my computer is a pos for gaming (at least current gen gaming). I've been wanting to build an actual gaming pc, so far the only part I have is the motherboard [emoji14]

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Rmac88

3 Year Member
I used a gaming computer for years. In the end, consoles make life much easier:) Plus I'm getting older..i don't have reflexes that require alienware. Lol..
Lol true, true. My pos is an alienware, and it's not even running the simplest of games anymore. Amazing how things change in just five years. I don't even have RAM to run games these days. I legit tried downloading a free to play MMO called Wildstar and it literally told me I didn't have enough RAM, I think it said minimum required was 3 gigs

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Exactly. My last custom gaming PC was junk in 2 years, couldn't run any new games. Then the hard drive crashed..its just simpler and less frustrating to use a console. The PS4 runs great. After the 360, I wont buy another Xbox.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol true, true. My pos is an alienware, and it's not even running the simplest of games anymore. Amazing how things change in just five years. I don't even have RAM to run games these days. I legit tried downloading a free to play MMO called Wildstar and it literally told me I didn't have enough RAM, I think it said minimum required was 3 gigs

Oh ouch!
Can it not support more?
My five year old laptop has 8...:/

Rmac88

3 Year Member
I'm sure it could but honestly that Alienware has done nothing but frustrate me since I got it. I sold my old Macbook Pro to buy it so I'd have a "good gaming computer". One year and ten days after I bought it, motherboard crashed (warranty was only one year, go figure [emoji52]). At least thats what they told me. I actually removed the CPU from the MB and reinstalled and its worked ever since. Now it just overheats wildly even with fans running and the GPU will thermal throttle when under load
Oh ouch!
Can it not support more?
My five year old laptop has 8...:/

Rmac88

3 Year Member
I should also mention its a laptop not a desktop so I don't feel comfortable really replacing or adding anything

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Totally understand. Lost everything few years back in a flood situation and got this qosmio laptop, it was 'supposed' to be good for games....meh, not so much.
'Most' of what I have plays though. Just not always on highest settings.
miss my custom pc so badly.
We have consoles...but I'm pc all the way :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
it's on my gamefly rental list :) I'm currently addicted to Tom Clancy's The Division. Had so much fun with that on the first play through i'm on my 2nd character now. I alternate between that and Fallout 4 so I don't burn out. Hoping to put DOOM into the mix soon if i can get it from gamefly.

Aint

3 Year Member
I don't game much anymore, but I too have gone console. Less tech to keep up with. I don't get to do all the cool custom stuff, like custom UIs or top hats on mud crabs, but I don't have to worry with system reqs, either.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have consoles...but I'm pc all the way. Just financially strapped at the moment so I'm going to have to piece by piece the new rig.

Latest posts