• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Docile Aboreal?

KWISE89

I'm new to the hobby and thinking about getting a second aboreal T. I have an Avicularia Avicularia and love how docile she is. Just looking for some educated suggestions on another docile species. Thanks!

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I had an A. avicularia years ago. My new A. purpurea and C. versilcolor both seem pretty similar in behavior and temperament. I sure like them!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My C versicolor is a bit of a spaz but still fairly non-aggressive. Most of the Avics or formerly classified Avics are pretty laid back in terms of not being aggressive. A urticans is supposed to be an exception to that according to some sources.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Poecilotheria. I can only say I've had two, a mettalica and a regalis, I've handled both and not been bitten, they showed no aggression just skittishness.
J/k :) I didnt handle them per say, rather, they were ON me. Seriously though, they showed no defensive behavior...I don't classify either of them as aggresive, defensive, w/e. I just don't recommend handling them, because of pattycakes. ;)

Latest posts