• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do I sell my males?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a few juvenile males & I have been wondering today if it makes sense to sell them. Not because I want to get rid of them, but because I am wondering if they will be better off with someone who breeds, than with us.

Seamus

3 Year Member
I have a few juvenile males & I have been wondering today if it makes sense to sell them. Not because I want to get rid of them, but because I am wondering if they will be better off with someone who breeds, than with us.
Depending on what males you have andy at so many legs is after males to buy or exchange for the same amount

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am a breeder so PM me with your males and we can either look for sling deals or I can buy. WHY?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Normally breeders aren’t too interested in juv or immature males. Some aren’t even wanted unfortunately so you’ll end up keeping a few MMs yourself even with no intention of breeding. We have a few we know will be off when they mature (Vagans is still eating like a champ Phil so he’ll explode soon) we did happen to have a Mm we sent off this morning to do his duties. Only thing I will say is don’t expect too much in return.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you have no intention of breeding, sending out males to pair is the ultimate pay it forward of the hobby, IMO. Look for a local or regional invert keeper club or forum and post up what you've got.

Or PM @Phil he's the resident proprietor of the local tarantula boudoir :T:

Latest posts