• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

digging?

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
Could be several different things, nothing to worry about. Is it a new one? Could be in pre-molt. Some do this then, but none of mine have ever, they molt right out in the open. It may or may not come out at night, and could stay in there for a month easy.

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
oh, shes definitely in premolt. shes about 2 1/2 inches, and she is DARK. plus, she wont eat, i know shes in premolt. just wondering if that means she'll have a huge molt this time because the last few she hasnt grown much

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
PICT0006.JPG
PICT0007.JPG

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
oh, shes definitely in premolt. shes about 2 1/2 inches, and she is DARK. plus, she wont eat, i know shes in premolt. just wondering if that means she'll have a huge molt this time because the last few she hasnt grown much

Many Ts seal themselves off when they are in promolt, as they are very vulnerable during the molt itself and they want to feel secure. It won't mean that they will gain more size with the molt when they do so.

I have two GBBs that have been kept in the low to mid 70s, and they tend to molt often (every two months or so) with a moderate amount of growth with each molt. They are both close to 3" now, and they have never had what I'd call a huge size jump with a molt.

Latest posts