• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

did I tell you I hate crickets.......

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Most of the old crew here knows of my intense dislike of crickets...
read INTENSE DISLIKE BORDERING on HATRED!
But,
apparently,
my love of arachnids supersedes this....I....-shudders- bought a thousand pinheads.....
mhm...thats right....me..a thousand...was good a deal and I couldn't pass it up....and I know they are going to start chirping constantly as they get bigger....and chirping....and chirping...and chirping....I need more slings to take care of this problem....

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Have meal worms but didn't at the time. Funds are limited to start a dubia colony right now.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I hate crickets too.

Ever considered Blatta lateralis? Cheaper than dubia, and faster breeders. Their babies are perfect size for tiny slings. I started a colony from roaches that I caught running around wild. I'll bet you've got local roaches there just waiting to be caught and fed...

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hate crickets too.

Ever considered Blatta lateralis? Cheaper than dubia, and faster breeders. Their babies are perfect size for tiny slings. I started a colony from roaches that I caught running around wild. I'll bet you've got local roaches there just waiting to be caught and fed...
Lots of good roaches but I'm hesitant to use anything that could infest the actual house. I have read that they generally need much warmer temps to breed, so I may consider them if I can find some cheaply enough ^.~ (long as they aren't so interesting I get attatched....I love hissers...they never get fed...)