• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dibella (Brachypelma albiceps)

Shaina

3 Year Member
Before:

1hunu8.jpg

After:

2r73sc7.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow those are some very unique colors in the after shot! How long does a molt take to completely come off? How often does this one molt?

Shaina

3 Year Member
Well it took her about a week and a half to molt completely and she's only molted the one time since I've had her and I've had her about 9 or 10 months now.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I still can't get over the coloring in that second photo. It looks like a completely different spider!

Shaina

3 Year Member
That's what I said! I went to feed her and saw her molt and thought "OH NO! She's dead!" and I opened her enclosure and reached in and she comes out of no where scaring the living bejeezus out of me because she didn't look like the same spider lol! But she's definitely the same spider indeed :)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you share some photos of Dibella's enclosure and setup? I'd love to see a video of her feeding also!! ;) :)

Shaina

3 Year Member
Here are a couple pictures of Dibella's enclosure, as well as the enclosures of my other 3 Ts. Dibella's enclosure is made of acrylic and I find she really likes it! Ethereal's (Metallic Pink Toe) and Ember's enclosures are not permanent (plastic containers). Ember is still very small and I'd lose her in a larger enclosure. And I am waiting to purchase an arboreal enclosure for Ethereal when I find the right one! Anyone know any good places to look for arboreal enclosures? I'll get pics up of my other Ts very soon :)

Dibella's Enclosure:

j962vm.jpg

2lbjbjs.jpg

Echo's Enclosure:

2edck9k.jpg

Ethereal's and Ember's Enclosures:

fcldv6.jpg

Are there any improvements you think I should make (aside from the plastic containers of course)? Comments are welcome!

Deftones90

3 Year Member
Great looking brachy! I also like that acrylic set up. How big of an arboreal set up are you going to need?

Latest posts