• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Devastated

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Last night I found my beautiful Blood Python, Ular, had died.
Friday night he was fine, Saturday morning he was curled up in his hide as usual, Saturday night he was at full stretch along his vivarium and not reacting to me. It was then I realised he had gone to snakey heaven.
I still can't quite believe it. He was only 2 years old and such a beautiful boy although he had had problems pooing a couple of months back but he seemed to have got over that.

RIP Ular

My 1st sight of him when he 1st came to me to me in Dec 2017
DSCF3709.JPG

Tubbed so I could clean his vivarium out 8 days ago
DSCF0107.JPG

A couple of pics taken 12th July 2019
DSCF0157.JPG

DSCF0158.JPG

I'm really going to miss this boy

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm so so sorry for your loss @Enn49 it must be devastating he will be much missed :(:(:( I hope you take comfort from knowing that in the time you had him he was much loved -so hard to lose a much loved pet,

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you all for your kind words.
I still can't quite believe he's gone, such a shock.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
So so sorry, such a beautiful creature and always a tragedy to lose an animal and more so when you have little or no warning, I had a chameleon die a few months back, no signs whatsoever, eating, drinking, then one morning it was clearly not quite normal, an hour later it died, and it leaves you so shocked and confused, when an animal is ill you can treat and react but when it’s so sudden it’s so very hard to understand. I guess on occasion it is just natural, something not right in their bodies that will never know about.
Such a shame and my thoughts are with you. xx

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Really sorry. That's the trouble with exotics, they can't tell us if there's something wrong. And often, they don't show us that there is something wrong either, or at least not before it's too late.

He was stunning and obviously an adored pet.

Latest posts