• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Decisions, decisions

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have been doing some thinking, for 2020 I would like to vacation somewhere I've never been since visiting Georgia and Texas every year is getting a bit stale (likely taking Romeo with me). I have a few places in mind:

1. Central Florida (many say all the well known destinations in Florida are highly overrated)(would take Romeo with me to this area)

2. Tombstone, Arizona (for my other hobby, probably wouldn't take Romeo with me to this location)

3. Gettysburg, PA (wouldn't take Romeo with me to that location, due to my other hobby)

4. Long Beach, CA (would love to stay at the queen mary for an obvious reason, if I could take Romeo I would)

5. Washington state (sounds like a pleasant, gloomy place which is perfect, will likely take Romeo with me)

Or apply for a passport to visit the UK, Romania, Italy, Peru, Japan, or possibly Finland, why not, I know nothing of the country's history and I bet it has some paranormal hotspots.

What would you choose?

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I have been doing some thinking, for 2020 I would like to vacation somewhere I've never been since visiting Georgia and Texas every year is getting a bit stale (likely taking Romeo with me). I have a few places in mind:

1. Central Florida (many say all the well known destinations in Florida are highly overrated)(would take Romeo with me to this area)

2. Tombstone, Arizona (for my other hobby, probably wouldn't take Romeo with me to this location)

3. Gettysburg, PA (wouldn't take Romeo with me to that location, due to my other hobby)

4. Long Beach, CA (would love to stay at the queen mary for an obvious reason, if I could take Romeo I would)

5. Washington state (sounds like a pleasant, gloomy place which is perfect, will likely take Romeo with me)

Or apply for a passport to visit the UK, Romania, Italy, Peru, Japan, or possibly Finland, why not, I know nothing of the country's history and I bet it has some paranormal hotspots.

What would you choose?

If you want hauntings come to the UK. You'll be spoilt for choice!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Especially in York

I can imagine there would be. Wasn't York where Richard the 3rd had an attachment to, and should've been buried?
Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that there's been lots of archaeology done on York's Viking past.
What haunted buildings do you know of? :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can imagine there would be. Wasn't York where Richard the 3rd had an attachment to, and should've been buried?
Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that there's been lots of archaeology done on York's Viking past.
What haunted buildings do you know of? :)

That's right, Richard should have been buried here.
It's probably easier to ask what buildings are not haunted. The Minster has a Roman Legion that marches through the Crypt, many pubs are haunted in particular The Golden Fleece.
There is a Viking Museum built on the site of one dig they did and it includes a Viking village with all the sight and smells that would be around back then, yes they have recreated the smells too. There are loads of Roman remains and burial grounds too

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
It's probably easier to ask what buildings are not haunted. The Minster has a Roman Legion that marches through the Crypt, many pubs are haunted in particular The Golden Fleece.
There is a Viking Museum built on the site of one dig they did and it includes a Viking village with all the sight and smells that would be around back then, yes they have recreated the smells too. There are loads of Roman remains and burial grounds too

I'll have to visit York myself just for the history of the place. When they found Richard's bones in that council car park in Leicester, I followed the updates avidly. It was the only Royal funeral I found emotional. Seeing those knights on horseback.....made me proud to be British :)

E

ExMember

Haven't had a real vacation in 25 years lol. Done a couple of 2 day trips to Vancouver for concerts in that time but never an actual touristy vacation. If I could go anywhere I would probably go to Finland. Or Australia prior to the fires.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Haven't had a real vacation in 25 years lol. Done a couple of 2 day trips to Vancouver for concerts in that time but never an actual touristy vacation. If I could go anywhere I would probably go to Finland. Or Australia prior to the fires.
Same here. Haven't had a proper holiday like forever, just minibreaks

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was just thinking about this thread and told myself, if I go to the UK, Romania, Japan, or Italy, I'll probably end up coming back to the states to work on the legal process of moving to one of those places permanently.

gognomie

While I 100% agree with this, you can throw a dart at a map of the UK and probably find some sort of haunting or general weirdness wherever it hits.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

What would you choose?

Gettysburg is filled with history & everyone should see it.

The flight 93 memorial dedicated to those Americans who martyred themselves to keep the 4th plane from hitting it's target is also in the area.

Seeing these 2 places in one or 2 days creates a unique view of history.

No one can remain emotionless when seeing these places.