• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Death in the family. : (

Slinglife

I am so very sad today the 1st tarantula that I got Went to Valhalla.
My Grammastola iheringi Went into her molt 3 days ago But this time it was very different Instead of rolling on her back she stood on her feet And went into moult getting stuck.
Can anybody tell me if I did something wrong with my husbandry Or is this normal.
Any knowledge and information would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Attachments

• 20210507_124237.jpg
    20210507_124237.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210507_124241.jpg
    20210507_124241.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210507_124324.jpg
    20210507_124324.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello my friend and sorry for your loss. Like every living creatures, sometimes Ts unfortunately go earlier than they should. By the pictures you can see she was settled in her enclosure and we might never know why she started the molt upright instead of on her back or what went wrong. I would definitely not blame myself even if it is easier said than done as I feel the same every time one of our Ts goes before her time.

Slinglife

Hello my friend and sorry for your loss. Like every living creatures, sometimes Ts unfortunately go earlier than they should. By the pictures you can see she was settled in her enclosure and we might never know why she started the molt upright instead of on her back or what went wrong. I would definitely not blame myself even if it is easier said than done as I feel the same every time one of our Ts goes before her time.
Thank you so much for your kindness means alot to me This was one of my T's that I was not worried about. I been a hypochondriac over my xenesthis sp, pamphobeteus sp and my stirmi.
Due to being so new and keeping up Humidity

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
summed up perfectly. Your T would have had a bad .old in the wild as well. Nature's way. sorry for your loss. It sucks to lose a T. We all can relate.

Latest posts