• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Curlyhair not looking good

JC1

3 Year Member
Good day guys

ive discovered my curlyhair (7-8cm) in a death curl. its very unresponsive, and just moves slightly when i open the hide or try to move her.

The temperature is correct and humidity is good. it dug a hole in the corner of the tank, but now just sits in a curled up position. last night he seemed okey and was all over, but this morning he's unresponsive. the temreture outside dropped quite rapidly, since a cold front came in, but my heat pad is on since two day ago. is it from over heating, or too cold?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
r u sure its a death curl? are the legs under him or curled over him? Ive seen people make that mistake before. Like kormath said. a pic or two might help

VanessaS

3 Year Member
It isn't good for them to be close to a heating pad. If they can't get away from it they could dehydrate very quickly. It shouldn't be necessary if you are still comfortable enough yourself. They don't need really high temperatures.
I'm hoping that you could provide a photo as well.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah the whole heating pad thing is a preference, but i agree with @VanessaS that the spider should be able to get away from the heat. Is the enclsure big enough for that?

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
If it is dehydrated. sounds pretty severe. I suggest setting up a Tarantula ICU, Tarantulaaddict and Tarntulaguy1976 both have vids on youtube onhow to do so and as well on how to pipette drops of water on to the Ts mouth so it can drink. Hope you can bring your T back to good health.

Also does you Heat pad have a thermostat? I suggest you have one so that it turns off on its own once it hits a certain temperature.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd have to see pics and know more to advise you. I seem to remember a sling passed in your care in a recent post, in the pics the sub looked swampy. Are you keeping a 3 in albopilosum the same way? You mentioned the temp is good and the humidity is ok..humidity should be low. Just a water dish and dry sub. Humidity is only a factor if its too high for that species. You went on to ask if it was too hot or too cold...you should know what temperature your tarantula's enclosure is, day and night. That's basic care stuff. Hope this helps.

Latest posts