• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Curly Hair question

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I've recently obtained a curly hair and have had a very difficult time getting it to eat. I've been trying small isopods since the T is only about 1in. I am also going to try small pinheads when they arrive. Is this genus usually a stubborn eater or are they known to fast often?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Brachypelma albopilosum are not normally problem feeders. At 1" it should be able to catch and eat small crickets

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Premolt?

Temperature?

(Many just keep them at room temperature and it's safe, but at 80 degrees, all my critters are much more lively AND much less finicky eaters)

Use a non contacting heat source, never at the bottom of the cage, side or top, conservative settings of course.

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
Premolt?

Temperature?

(Many just keep them at room temperature and it's safe, but at 80 degrees, all my critters are much more lively AND much less finicky eaters)

Use a non contacting heat source, never at the bottom of the cage, side or top, conservative settings of course.

Thanks for the advice. I have it at room temp. I do use a small space heater to gain a little extra heat for them (definitely not over 80°). I have been trying small isopods for feeders and have tried both tweezer feeding as well as allowing it to find it itself. So far no luck. Possible pre-molt could be the case. I'll keep trying. Thanks again.

AceTRetreat

3 Year Member
I hope your Curly is eating readily by now .. but if not ... mine love mealworms and small-medium Dubia roaches ... always eat!

Latest posts