• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Curly hair not himself

Squeekee35

I had to rehouse my curly hair to a bigger cage. 2 weeks ago now. He is not digging or eating since the move. Do you think he will get back to normal? Yes he has a hide and water dish

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Mine rehoused about 2 months ago. Been hiding in burrow since. She occasionally blocks it off with coco balls, then reopens a few days later

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had to rehouse my curly hair to a bigger cage. 2 weeks ago now. He is not digging or eating since the move. Do you think he will get back to normal? Yes he has a hide and water dish
Sounds like he is still acclimating in his new home. Male??? Male albopilosum's tend to stop digging and burrowing a little before and after maturing.

Squeekee35

Is he about due for a molt?
No he just molted a couple of weeks ago. He ate his first worm in his old cage. But now that I moved him he won't eat. I am not too worried about that right now. He has been molting like every 2 months or so. So I don't think he is ready. I am just worried he is not happy in new digs......

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Any update?

Sometimes they fast... reasons are not always clear.

If the abdomen is THICC I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure it has access to fresh water at all times

Squeekee35

Any update?

Sometimes they fast... reasons are not always clear.

If the abdomen is THICC I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure it has access to fresh water at all times
Still not burrowing or eating. His abdomen looks ok.

Attachments

• PXL_20210205_170805875.jpg
    PXL_20210205_170805875.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 9

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Best practice dictates limiting free climbing height to 1.5-2x the DLS (diagonal leg span) of the spider to prevent harm if the spider falls from the highest spot inside the enclosure.

The easiest way to achieve that is by filling the enclosure with compacted substrate till the desired height is met.