• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Critter Corner

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here's some pictures of the corner where I usually sit. I have more enclosures in other areas and rooms but this is maybe 75% of my invert collection .
corner1.JPG
corner2.JPG
corner3.JPG

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just looked at this again because I got a like, but Im thinking this looks way better than it does in real life! Actually, it looks pretty good to me too, my wife has a funny look on her face when she stares too. I interpret that as admiration for me when she first looks at it, how could my husband make something that great? Then the Rapture sets in and she looks at me, looks at the tanks,looks at me, the tanks ,me and so on until finally overcome by the splendor of it all, she is exhausted and retires to the bedroom! Such a minx, pretending she's not interested in my tales of scorpions and spiders when she knows damn well she won't miss out on anything!!!
I always tell her about it all when we wake up anyway! So cute the way she pretends so she doesn't offend me .

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm trying to get this up there. @Whitelightning777
@Arachnoclown
@Metalman2004
I just want to see what you got!

And, forums die because it's always questions where the answer is" read these threads " and it takes 15 hours to just find a couple of gems of info which other people disagree with anyway .
So let's try to get it to a more interactive forum , you guys/girls check daily, weekly, monthly, yearly anyway.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My setups are safe and effective but look like a train wreck. The cages themselves are nice but the surroundings not so much.

One drawback to my setups is that a lot of wiring is needed & I haven't worked out how to create an effective control panel yet.

Consolidating them into a cabinet is one possibility but the cages aren't one standard size. Neither are the tarantulas. Of course, I could just put panels on the shelves enclosing them that way.

I have no problem zooming in, just panning out. The original plan was to have 4 cages, 1 terrestrial and arboreal for old and new world each.

C versocolor Charlotte's new enclosure nano1.jpg

There's a zoo-med bracket with a ceramic heating element overhead and a heat pad in back. It's my usual 84 degree/hot + 73 degree/cool setup. Charlotte quickly found the area that's exactly 80 degrees which she's always done.

Safe warm spiders 1.jpg
Safe warm lamp 1.jpg

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have the old 3 gallon L Klugi cage up to the left of the 4x4x8 P Striata cage & my Pamphometeous sp Machala is in that one. Again, set up like all the others and the spider goes exactly to the 80 degree area.

It's not in that picture.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm trying to get this up there. @Whitelightning777
@Arachnoclown
@Metalman2004
I just want to see what you got!

And, forums die because it's always questions where the answer is" read these threads " and it takes 15 hours to just find a couple of gems of info which other people disagree with anyway .
So let's try to get it to a more interactive forum , you guys/girls check daily, weekly, monthly, yearly anyway.
Nice set ups....Im jealous you have a corner. I've got Ts in different areas in my house. I'm moving early this summer and I will finally have a T room.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have just finished building a corner shelf for my inverts. I will post a before and after pic after I get everything set up. Hopefully it gives me a lot more room for more inverts! :)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here's the 3 gallon with P sp machala in it. So far, only my nano enclosure with C Versicolor had escaped from the invert row, aka the wire tarantula shelf.

3 gallon enclosure for Persephone.jpg

Latest posts