• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket in with molting T.

auganator

3 Year Member
So last night I put a cricket in with my G. pulchra who was showing no signs of being in premolt, obviously telling by color isnt easy with a black tarantula, and he has always eaten up until hours before he molts. I came home this morning to see that he is at the bottom of his burrow almost finished molting, and the cricket is about halfway up his burrow just chilling. I see no feasible way to remove the cricket without disturbing him since trying to grab the cricket will just result in him jumping further into the burrow. Do I just leave it alone and hope for the best? obviously i will keep an eye on the situation in case the cricket either leaves the burrow or starts munching on him.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Try your best to get it out, I've done this a few times and had a bad outcome once, I wouldn't dig up his burrow but definitely want that guy out. I've been lucky enough to get em out in time before but I did loose a juvenile b.smithi from leaving a crick in after a molt one time.

Latest posts