• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
23XXFks.jpg

Received this MM Homoeomma sp Blue today. He's slowly settling in and has taken down two large crickets.

nekisha24

My family has gotten much bigger. As usual, they'll all be referenced as female with no proof of them being so. Here's the latest new members:

vDJOfVH.jpg

Aphonopelma seemani. No name yet. This one scares the crap out of me right now. She's very skittish. I'm hoping as she gets bigger, she'll calm the eff down.

Cy83CiP.jpg

Brachypelma boehmei. Scarlett. I love this one. She quickly runs up to the top of her little terracotta hide whenever I take the lid off. She's awesome.

lnTYuuu.jpg

Pseudhapalopus sp. blue, also no name yet. She's very, very, very small. I'm most worried about this one. I've been feeding her flightless fruit flies and she seems to be fattening up from them, but I'll feel much better when she gets some size on her.

wC5hu7M.jpg

Cyriocosmus sellatus. I've recently found I really like Cyriocosmus tarantulas. Something about the way they look in pictures really appeals to me. The hearts on the butts are neat also, especially since I work in a cath lab.

nvJlsFC.jpg

Brachypelma albiceps. I've been trying to get one since I got into collecting tarantulas about a month ago. I like the reports on their temperament being very calm and I like the look of the adults...

gUuh8Ex.jpg

... so I ended up with two. Yay!

gfZml4H.jpg

Kochiana brunnipes. She's been awesome to watch. Pops out of her little enclosure whenever I open the lid, seems to be curious, and just a nice active little spider. So awesome.

HxUdm1h.jpg
Brachypelma emelia. Very shy spider right now. Any disturbance to her enclosure and she curls up on the spot. I'm looking forward to her getting some size on her and hopefully being more out in the open.

8nqASGX.jpg

Avicularia minatrix. I really like dwarf tarantulas. A dwarf Avic seemed like a no brainer.

RScBZaN.jpg

Inside this little web is an OBT sling. @octanejunkie was a true gentleman and included this as a freebie when I purchased stuff from him. This thing gave me anxiety before it even arrived, however, it's been very laid back and no issues at all. Granted, it's small and it hasn't been very long, but so far, so good.

7JiylHz.jpg

Cyriocosmus ritae. Another Cyriocosmus. Another dwarf. Lots of activity in such a tiny package. She's my second favorite of my new acquisitions.

TxvS2yH.jpg

Eresus Walckenaeri. Christopher Walckenaeri was the only name that came to mind, but I'm not settled on it. This is my first true spider and my favorite of the new family members. I read that this species likes lots of moss to hide in, and that's been very true. She's well hidden in the moss, but I know (roughly) where she's at from the webbing. When I shake in some fruit flies, her legs come out of the moss and she starts hunting. Such a cool spider! The pictures of this spider on the internet really drew me in. Their faces look almost Pixar fake, with very atypical eyes that looks expressive. She needs to put on a little size because she's teensy.

That's the latest of the growing collection. They'll get names soon, but work has been sucking out my brain power lately.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Thank you for the kind words, everyone! I think it's time for some updates. Let's see how the children are doing.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
igFeWFq.jpg

My Brachypelma hamorii is probably my favorite. It's so calm and chill. It's got a big booty right now and has been reluctant to eat, so it may be in pre-molt.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
GF7OaE8.jpg

This fluffy Tliltocatl albopilosus has been very shy since molting. This is about the normal sighting just before it slips into its hide. Still, super fluffy and sweet. I hope it comes out more often.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
ykNaTSk.jpg

As much as I rarely see my T. Albo, it's still far more than I see my Tliltocatl vagans. It's normally a pet hole, but I got lucky today and it was out. I have to resist the urge to brush off all that dirt.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
IbKLfCQ.jpg

The master has decided to grace us with its presence. Another pet hole, my Aphonopelma seemani loves hanging out at the opening of its hide. It used to scare the crap out of me because it was very skittish and would dash around the enclosure like crazy, but it's settled in very nicely.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
KJtGBYY.jpg

Look at those colors! After molting, the black legs of my Brachypelma albiceps look velvety smooth. At one point, this was near the top of my want list. It hasn't disappointed.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
rdr4pks.jpg

My little Grammostola rosea loves making it difficult to fill up its water dish. My reward will be a dish filled with dirt in the morning. Cute little jerk.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
mbmHkk1.jpg

I waited forever for this Aphonopelma moderatum to molt, but damn does it look great now. Such a cool little guy/girl.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
N4AG80i.jpg

My Brachypelma boehmi picked up a little attitude after it's last molt. It doesn't like me touching its water dish. It also attacks the water. It's a much better eater than before, so I'll take that as a fair trade.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
sDC5L67.jpg

TEUHF92.jpg

G53HhfZ.jpg

Daddy's lil' bulldozer. This Tliltocatl verdezi is an earth mover. It built itself a turret and used to hang out there. After being very visible for quite some time, it's gone underground and hasn't popped up in a week. Last time it did this, it stayed underground for about 2 months and came out freshly molted. I'm hoping that's the case. I miss the little guy.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
1GSF81F.jpg

S4Mhn76.jpg

After the recent molt, my Avicularia avicularia has picked up some adult coloration. Gone are the pink legs and black toes. The pink toes are starting to show and the legs are beginning to darken.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
BxakL1J.jpg

I caught my Psalmopoeus irminia taking a drink before sealing itself off behind a web of dirt. I think it's molting. At least, I hope it's molting. When it desides to pop out, I'll find out.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
5FNUKNa.jpg

I rarely see anything about the Avicularia minatrix, but it is awesome! It's molted three times since I've gotten it and it always looks so cool afterwards. Maybe people stay away because it's a dwarf species, or maybe it just flies under the radar. Whatever the reason, people are missing out on a great little Avic.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
4cPvc3Y.jpg

So much orange! I've heard people say that Davus pentalorus are just pet holes. Aside from a recent molt, mine stays out most of the time. I'm quite thankful. It's a great looking spider.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
I1D0UEy.jpg

There was a period of about a month where I wasn't sure if this Hapalopus sp. Columbia was even alive. It was teensie and I don't think I ever saw it. I was about to start digging when I noticed a molt in the corner and this little guy just sitting there. It's now much easier to see. I'm glad it put on some size.

Latest posts