• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cool houses for arboreal species?

Adrock

5 months after getting my first tarantula (B.Smithi, about a year old; "Rogue") I had to get another one! So two weeks ago I came home with a SunTiger sling (Psalmopoeus irminia; "Furiosa"), only 2 months old! I love my Red Knee to death but like I had been warned, once I got one T, it wouldnt be long until I wanted another. Furiosa is awesome! So different from Rogue; digging holes and making webs. Very active and a very ferocious eater!
Just one question for everyone: What will be the best home for my SunTiger? I've read enough about and feel comfortable with substrate, water, places to climb etc. But I see some amazing houses that look like they have amazing ventilation near the top. I can't figure out what or where to buy these "tanks". It will be a while until I actually need to rehouse Furiosa, but Can anyone help me out with where to get these awesome looking T houses? Thanks!

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I started my little P. irminia in one of those little "dram vials" but I didn't like it mainly because I couldn't see into it very clearly:
IMG_5680.JPG

When the spider is already so tiny, I at least need a clear view into the enclosure. I moved mine into these little AMAC boxes:
IMG_5925.JPG

IMG_5999.JPG

I like these much better. I ordered three different sizes, and I'll move them to a bigger one when the time comes. He's molted twice already, so I bigger one will be needed sooner than I thought.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Suntigers are one of my favorite tarantulas. They love to burrow and make dirt curtains just like Poecilotheria. I've always gave them a cork slab leaned to one side of the enclosure and they will build their home. They are extremely fast...they seam to teleport at times. I keep them in a larger enclosure then most slings because they are really aggressive hunters. Here's a couple videos where you can see the different enclosures I've used. The first video is a rehoused into a adult enclosure. The second video is one years growth from small sling to over 4".