• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Community reaction

Would you like to see the marketplace separated from latest posts.

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
SmartSelect_20220417-071254_Chrome.jpg

Salatia

So, very sorry - new member and I will do an intro post shortly but I came across this and had to comment.

It sounds, from the discussion, that the sales threads wouldn't appear on general use pages and you'd have to go looking for them. However the post itself sounded to me like the suggestion was to extend the layout a smidge and add a 'Recent Classifieds' section or such along with 'Latest Posts' and 'Similar Posts'. That's what I'd imagined occurring, and makes sense to me. It's just a little unclear which of the above options is intended.

Personally, from my visits using the forum before signing up it was tricky just seeing sales posts down there - I'd pop on to find some info and want to just relax for a moment reading threads if I'm honest. But as a short break, going to the main forum and deciding where to look, which thread...doesn't work well for me. Obviously I'm new so screw me, but seeing the discourse across the forum, seeing people being helpful etc. and wanting to be involved is what 'converted' me into a member. More members means more likely funds. Yeah once you've gone to a post you can keep doing 'Similar Posts' but once you've searched a few basics they can show the same things you've read, and there's a benefit to 'Latest Posts' beneath a thread in that once you've read all in there it's a natural stopping point if you are using it to procrastinate.

Also very sorry - I'm sure it'll quickly be learned by all that I'm long winded. I do my best to minimise it, but even with years of practice I'm not very skilled at that.

Thanks for drawing me into the forum's webspace!