• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Community reaction

Would you like to see the marketplace separated from latest posts.

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I asked @Josh if it was possible to separate the marketplace from the general threads and lastest posts in the forum. He said it was possible but would like some feedback from the community.
The reason I'd like to have it separated is that at times it seams the advertisements block threads of people inquiring help or assistance. The bumping of advertisements to the top of the posts is quite annoying as well. Not all but most people who post ads here have little or no involvement in the community here. This to me clouds the people truly seeking help or knowledge. Ive missed out on opportunities in the past to help others by not seeing posts in time due to how many advertisements are in the way. I feel as much as this forum has grown its time to make a change.
Thank you all for your time and cast your vote for Josh.

Clown

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
This makes sense, although it has not been an issue for me, I do understand Arachnoclown's concern. What would be the arguments against it, if any, just to be thorough?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This makes sense, although it has not been an issue for me, I do understand Arachnoclown's concern. What would be the arguments against it, if any, just to be thorough?
Against would be to leave things exactly as they are. I can't list any plausible reasons other than being against change.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use the New Posts button which shows posts made since my last visit and clearly shows any threads with no replies.

I would have to say no. First of all things aren't exactly bustling here on the forum. Why take away or hide posts that are apart of this forum? classifieds that is?

I can understand OP not really giving a care for a classified section or wanting to see whats for sale because respectfully, I think we can all agree he has 10 of everything already.

As far as missing posts and opportunities to offer assistance and help. All I can think of is, for just about every sub form all that is needed is a couple pages worth of scrolling to find recent posts, after that you are in last years posts territory.

Just saying, I could wait all day to let forum post build up with unread post before logging in, even then im done reading every post in like 30 minutes max.

If something needs to be hidden its all those stupid gilf's that get posted. Just speak up, write something. They're tacky. And they hog up all the ugly.

Don't segregated the classified section.
C. classified A. ad L. lives M. matter. C.A.L.M.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can understand OP not really giving a care for a classified section or wanting to see whats for sale because respectfully, I think we can all agree he has 10 of everything already.
I bet I sell more spiders then probably 90% of the members here. I've also purchased many spiders on here as well, along with breeding loans and trades. So I'm not anti marketplace.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can see both sides. Personally, I like to see any UK sales that pop up. But at times when I turn on, I find the latest posts are predominantly US sales & yes other posts can become lost among them.

But I would rather live with all the US sales, rather than lose the UK sales.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can see both sides. Personally, I like to see any UK sales that pop up. But at times when I turn on, I find the latest posts are predominantly US sales & yes other posts can become lost among them.

But I would rather live with all the US sales, rather than lose the UK sales.
The idea is to segregate all of the chatter that evolves from the sales threads, apart from the meaningful discussion and questions around keeping. No sales will be banned, regardless of region, just put into a different area than the discussion threads.

Unfortunately, there's a fair amount of drama that seems to evolve from the sales section and it spills over into the general membership, creating excess noise that literally doesn't need to exist at all.

I, too, see it.both ways, but having to police the nonsense and watch the bs drama unfold is tedious and detracting from the value of the resource that this community provides.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I would personally like to see all the "sales" threads in the separate section that would not "hit" the what's new results. If you are looking forward to buying or selling Ts, it should be much easier to have your own section rather than having to "bump" your post constantly or add to it for the sole purpose of having it back on top of the "what's new". Needless to say, it'll be much easier for me as well to focus on 'welcoming to the forum' all the new members :cool:

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Terms of service: just say all you have to say is "All TOS Apply" why point someone in the wrong direction? Fix it for them.
Not accurate, everyone's TOS can be different

Fix it for them? Now that's cute

baby-yoda-love.gif