• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cobalt blue

GreenTreeSkink

3 Year Member
A lady gave me two T's for free last week. This one and a Versicolor that is 7 or 8 years old.. Here's the cobalt.
DSC_0396-1_zps0df5c4ac.jpg

I put him in his enclosure the day after I got him and that was the only time I had seen him move until tonight. He's been sitting on the ground making a web every night but it always seems like he's back in the exact same place in the morning... Well I went to feed him again tonight and he lunged at me, and it scared the crap out of me. I'll try and get more pictures because it is beautiful, but I need to get my confidence up first :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He's absolutely stunning!! Would love to see some pics of your versi as well :) It's always surprising when you see just how fast t's can be, our little obt definitely got my pulse racing a couple times hehe

GreenTreeSkink

3 Year Member
here are a few pictures of it sitting in the corner, i think it has a cricket though, kinda creepy how it just sits in the corner though
DSC_0445-1_zps1fbe57da.jpg

DSC_04442_zps0fc9be58.jpg

i had a scare with my obt last week too lol, it tried chasing my hand out of the enclosure! tonight it popped out like a trap door spider to grab a cricket and went right back to its hiding place. ill make another thread for the versicolor

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
here are a few pictures of it sitting in the corner, i think it has a cricket though, kinda creepy how it just sits in the corner though
DSC_0445-1_zps1fbe57da.jpg

DSC_04442_zps0fc9be58.jpg

i had a scare with my obt last week too lol, it tried chasing my hand out of the enclosure! tonight it popped out like a trap door spider to grab a cricket and went right back to its hiding place. ill make another thread for the versicolor
He looks like a classic movie villain sitting in his lair plotting world domination (or mankind's demise) LOL. Cool picture though, I like how the web makes a frame for the spider :)

Yeah our obt sure likes racing up to the top any time I have to open her deli LOL

jtrux

3 Year Member
When I was younger I worked at a pet shop and the manager would always order these cuz they were "pretty" but they never came out of their burrows. Didn't bother me but customers always tried to convince you to get them out...yea right.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Looks like a moult is in her near future, H. Lividum(cobalt blue) are awesome T's.. Really stunning colors, and tons of attitude.

Latest posts