• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cobalt blue

CobaltRell

I recently got a cobalt blue from my neighbor because she couldn’t keep for safety reasons and I’ve been wondering if it’s male or female. This is my first tarantula and honestly I’m really happy I started with this species I’m just hoping it a female so I can have her for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_1515.MOV
    8.8 MB

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome and happy first post!

Determining gender from a picture is difficult and not usually accurate - it has to be a really good ventral picture, plus, some spiders are easier to "sex" than others.
However, I can't see the image you posted, unfortunately.

The most accurate way to determine the gender of your tarantula is from it's molt. Do you know when the last time it molted was?

Are you aware of its care and husbandry needs?

Can you post pics if the spider and it's enclosure?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
giphy (1).gif

CobaltRell

Determining gender from a picture is difficult and not usually accurate - it has to be a really good ventral picture, plus, some spiders are easier to "sex" than others.

The most accurate way to determine the gender of your tarantula is from it's molt. Do you know when the last time it molted was?

Attachments

• 1BEEB557-9F5D-419D-91AA-0E335B31CE0B.png
    1BEEB557-9F5D-419D-91AA-0E335B31CE0B.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 72F2256D-D414-4017-BC1F-2268C8659F0D.png
    72F2256D-D414-4017-BC1F-2268C8659F0D.png
    5 MB · Views: 6

CobaltRell

I still have the normal plastic enclosure you would get from a pet store but in the few days I’ve had my cobalt blue he\she dug a borough and completely covered the exits so I unfortunately can’t take any new pictures.

CobaltRell

I still have the normal plastic enclosure you would get from a pet store but in the few days I’ve had my cobalt blue he\she dug a borough and completely covered the exits so I unfortunately can’t take any new pictures.

and yes I’ve watched countless hours of videos to gain knowledge about this species.

Latest posts