• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cobalt Blue Feeding

STOSH

I received a Cobalt Blue on February 12 2021. She has burrowed and I didn’t see her for awhile and was worried she was dead. I used some forceps weeks ago to see if she was still alive and I felt her hitting it. I left her alone and to this day I haven’t disturbed her. I continue to mist the enclosure and keep water available. I’m worried about her not eating. I’ve placed crickets and super worms in there but only end up removing them. Any suggestions or ideas? Should I check on her again or should I just let it be? Is there a way I can get her to eat? She’s a juvenile about 3-4 inches.

CritterKeeper79

I received a Cobalt Blue on February 12 2021. She has burrowed and I didn’t see her for awhile and was worried she was dead. I used some forceps weeks ago to see if she was still alive and I felt her hitting it. I left her alone and to this day I haven’t disturbed her. I continue to mist the enclosure and keep water available. I’m worried about her not eating. I’ve placed crickets and super worms in there but only end up removing them. Any suggestions or ideas? Should I check on her again or should I just let it be? Is there a way I can get her to eat? She’s a juvenile about 3-4 inches.
It may help to post a picture of her enclosure, showing how deep she’s burrowed. She may be to deep to feel prey moving up top?

STOSH

Here’s the substrate.

Attachments

• 8BA929E9-57F0-4809-8133-95A2E69BBD35.jpeg
    8BA929E9-57F0-4809-8133-95A2E69BBD35.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Cyriopagopus lividum are burrowers and will often not emerge or be visible to their keepers for extended periods of time.

I keep mine in smallish containers, which almost guarantees they will burrow against the side, where you can see them. They will web their burrows closed when preparing to molt and often don't eject their exos.

I provide a water dish as well as dampen part of the substrate and drop food items into their burrow openings. I usually see them strike and grab the feeders.

Latest posts