• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Climber

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just use clear packing tape along the edges of the metal mesh. When the T tries to make the transition between the walls to the ceiling (metal mesh), she can't get a grip on the clear tape and stop trying to climb after a few tries.
It has been working for me without fail from small brachypelma juveniles to a full adult T. blondi.

TokeHound

Aren't there some companies that sell like replacement lids for enclosures with wire mesh? Like they sell a separate plastic or acrylic lid or something? I have an Exo-terra enclosure with a mesh lid, and I'm wanted to replace it.

Dyron.s

Aren't there some companies that sell like replacement lids for enclosures with wire mesh? Like they sell a separate plastic or acrylic lid or something? I have an Exo-terra enclosure with a mesh lid, and I'm wanted to replace it.

yes there are!
here is the link to the website someone advised me on another posted threat.

Dyron.s

yes there are!

TokeHound

yes there are!

Thank you!!

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
You can also go on Etsy, it sounds like the same company. If it is, they were easy to deal with and a quick turnaround.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You can also go on Etsy, it sounds like the same company. If it is, they were easy to deal with and a quick turnaround.
There are several options for aftermarket exo terra lid replacements. Google.

Latest posts