• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cleaning t room

Seamus

3 Year Member
Hi guys hope your all well was wondering if using bleach to clean my tarantula room would be harmful to my tarantulas. Not cleaning their enclosure with it just the room in general

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys hope your all well was wondering if using bleach to clean my tarantula room would be harmful to my tarantulas. Not cleaning their enclosure with it just the room in general
I wouldn't recommend using anything like that in the room your Ts are in bleach let's off a lot of fumes that could be harmful to your Ts so I wouldnt risk it to be honest

Do you have a mite problem?
I don't want to pry. I think that would kill mites. Some of us use bleach or TSP to prep for painting too.
Unfortunately, the chlorine gas might be too strong for the Ts. If its not an option to move them out, and then clean, dry and air out, then I would use something mild without fumes. There's lots of products, detergents and what not that can loosen dirt and stains. Borax as directed has been used forever. No harmful fumes, but it contains boron and will kill insects that ingest it as a bait or walk through the powder and clean themselves. Some find it works to get rid of common ants that sometimes come indoors this time of year.

There are antimicrobials that I've used, but it's usually sold to medical facilities and industry. Probably more strength than you require.

Latest posts