• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cleaned out all the local Pet Smarts

Ineedmoney421

Recently I have noticed PetSmart has assorted Mexican tarantulas for sale, these TS are Brachypelma species. I purchased for around $280 4 Brachypelma, 3 Bs or fire legged and 1 E or red legged. The Brachypelma E was female and one of the Brochypelma boehmie was female. So I got 2 juvenile male and 2 female for $300, did I make out well on that??? What are the market value of these species? I also took all the avics they had while I was in there.

Attachments

• IMG_2022-06-28-20-57-24-516.jpg
    IMG_2022-06-28-20-57-24-516.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2022-06-26-16-16-45-332.jpg
    IMG_2022-06-26-16-16-45-332.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 20

Blackdog

For me my local-Fin and Feather in Lakeside has had T's in $20-30 range depending on when they get a breeder drop. Heck one of mine was almost free since the label came of during shipping and the sling was unidentified. One molt later I got a fireleg for the price of one small acrylic enclosure. BTW save your pennies but always allocate some fun money to maintain. Planning never hurts- I have found cheap used 10 gallon aquariums in preparation of my T's adult needs!

MBullock

3 Year Member
For me my local-Fin and Feather in Lakeside has had T's in $20-30 range depending on when they get a breeder drop. Heck one of mine was almost free since the label came of during shipping and the sling was unidentified. One molt later I got a fireleg for the price of one small acrylic enclosure. BTW save your pennies but always allocate some fun money to maintain. Planning never hurts- I have found cheap used 10 gallon aquariums in preparation of my T's adult needs!
Oh for sure! Gotta keep those spirits high! Cant survive if you're all depressed, after all! ;)

I dont intend to come off as doomsday gloomy etc.. Im actually quite enthusiastic about this. Dont misread, it though lol, im optimistic because it HAS to get worse before it gets better. Just be strong! Work out for sure!

I gained like 25 lbs of muscle now i think or maybe 25.5 lol, I'm focusing on staying healthy now both mentally and physically. Im so glad i resisted all the vax stuff, everyone i know that got it went insane. Like SUPER insane, babbling like possessed demons type insane. My poor friend is deteriorating rapidly before my eyes and refuses to listen to sound advice. I truly fear for him, but i've done all i can. I tried leading a good example, but he's just too far gone. It sucks. I really wish i snapped outta this when i was 20. I'd have a full set of teeth and a way better Bod lol.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When everything goes to sh** you always have tarantulas to comfort you..... :)

MBullock

3 Year Member
Oh for sure! Gotta keep those spirits high! Cant survive if you're all depressed, after all! ;)

I dont intend to come off as doomsday gloomy etc.. Im actually quite enthusiastic about this. Dont misread, it though lol, im optimistic because it HAS to get worse before it gets better. Just be strong! Work out for sure!

I gained like 25 lbs of muscle now i think or maybe 25.5 lol, I'm focusing on staying healthy now both mentally and physically. Im so glad i resisted all the vax stuff, everyone i know that got it went insane. Like SUPER insane, babbling like possessed demons type insane. My poor friend is deteriorating rapidly before my eyes and refuses to listen to sound advice. I truly fear for him, but i've done all i can. I tried leading a good example, but he's just too far gone. It sucks. I really wish i snapped outta this when i was 20. I'd have a full set of teeth and a way better Bod lol.
derp my silly brain thought i was in another thread XD

Blackdog

When everything goes to sh** you always have tarantulas to comfort you..... :)
Very true! Between watching my torts and T's it is so calming! To spice up the silliness we let our city chicken flock out to terrorize the bugs in the backyard- BTW science says they are related to T-Rex!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Recently I have noticed PetSmart has assorted Mexican tarantulas for sale, these TS are Brachypelma species. I purchased for around $280 4 Brachypelma, 3 Bs or fire legged and 1 E or red legged. The Brachypelma E was female and one of the Brochypelma boehmie was female. So I got 2 juvenile male and 2 female for $300, did I make out well on that??? What are the market value of these species? I also took all the avics they had while I was in there.
I dont think you did bad. The males are worth more then the females, people that don't know get this twisted.

MBullock

3 Year Member
Thank you sir! The Brachypelma Emilia I am trying to sell for one hundred bucks it is a female. The rest I am keeping and breeding
i noticed petco caught on after some dude kept getting all the emperor scorps.. i was only able to get one, and they never offered them again. Now i see alot of GBB but for WAY too much lol.. i can just buy those online for way cheaper.. same with theraphosa, two years back slings were 65 bucks, now they're 130 at my local petco XD

Ineedmoney421

i noticed petco caught on after some dude kept getting all the emperor scorps.. i was only able to get one, and they never offered them again. Now i see alot of GBB but for WAY too much lol.. i can just buy those online for way cheaper.. same with theraphosa, two years back slings were 65 bucks, now they're 130 at my local petco XD
Yea it is crazy they do not know what they have sometimes, why are males more expensive?