• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Classifying tarantula

Ajesus92

3 Year Member
6CA6211F-0012-4E4C-9BD7-0174FD161486.png
what kind of tarantula is the one on the left?

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I'm confused by this picture, why are they together? This is obviously an A. seemanni and what looks to be a B. albopilosum? I see your new to the forum, are you new to keeping Tarantulas? Get those apart! I would deffinately hope your not thinking you are gong to breed these...

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I put them apart. They been together for a few weeks now and they have been fine eating and walking around.
Why did you have them together? Sorry, you got some bad info, there are only a few varieties that can co-exist and these are definately not one. There's lots of credibal sources for proper husbandry info. Research is essential in this hobby man.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
But I’m confuse I thought tarantulas can be together especially female
The mass percentage of cannibalistic behavior comes from females...they are just fat and not hungry at the moment. Even with that said we all know how a womans mood can change....:p Just kidding ladies....;)

Ajesus92

3 Year Member
I'm confused by this picture, why are they together? This is obviously an A. seemanni and what looks to be a B. albopilosum? I see your new to the forum, are you new to keeping Tarantulas? Get those apart! I would deffinately hope your not thinking you are gong to breed these...
I would never breed tarantula I just thought any species of female tarantula can co-exist but it appears I was worng. I wish they could stay together

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I would never breed tarantula I just thought any species of female tarantula can co-exist but it appears I was worng. I wish they could stay together
Were here to help all we can. Do lots of research and no question is a stupid question. I'm glad they are seperated, and I'm glad you posted the photo so we could help. Also glad it was on this forum and not another ;). If you want a communal of tarantulas (like I have) look into N. Incei, they are very affordable and very easy to keep.

Ajesus92

3 Year Member
Were here to help all we can. Do lots of research and no question is a stupid question. I'm glad they are seperated, and I'm glad you posted the photo so we could help. Also glad it was on this forum and not another ;). If you want a communal of tarantulas (like I have) look into N. Incei, they are very affordable and very easy to keep.
Will do!

Latest posts