• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens not eating

Kurmblog

Hi all!,

I am just looking for some advice for my juvenile GBB, as I got her/him in November this year and the first 3 weeks she was eating fine, poucing on all the crickets and dubias I gave her but then suddenly in December she stopped eating.
Initially I thought it was maybe to do with winter?, but she literally molted last week, and I have offered a prekilled cricket 72h after moulting and today (a week after) and still nothing.
The tank is between 26-28 degrees and the humidity goes between 50 to 60% humidity.
I checked her and I couldn't see anything.
How much should I worry (she has enclosed herself in a "web cage")

Thanks in advance guys!

Kurmblog

20220624_215959.jpg
that is her enclosure, the bush on the left is completely dry, she/he is on the right inside the piece of cork where she just has created a web burrow

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just give her some time. Sometimes tarantulas won't eat for weeks after a molt. Just make sure she has a clean water dish and over fill it slightly as needed. Try feeding again in one week. :)

Kurmblog

Just give her some time. Sometimes tarantulas won't eat for weeks after a molt. Just make sure she has a clean water dish and over fill it slightly as needed. Try feeding again in one week. :)
Cool, I will do, s/he is my first T so I don't know if not eating for 6 months is normal haha
Thanks for the reply :)

Quentink35

Id have to agree with taking any live plants out if theyre toxic youre T will know and be uncomfortable in her habitat so she might burrow when its not GBB typical behavior, or stay at the top of the enclosure. The no eating, just give her time she might not be hungry yet and by you feeding her she wants to hide from prey. Just a thought from another T collector.

Kurmblog

Id have to agree with taking any live plants out if theyre toxic youre T will know and be uncomfortable in her habitat so she might burrow when its not GBB typical behavior, or stay at the top of the enclosure. The no eating, just give her time she might not be hungry yet and by you feeding her she wants to hide from prey. Just a thought from another T collector.
Thanks!, i did remove the juniper right away and she has been more active, the other day I even caught her drinking, I will try to feed her again tomorrow :)

Latest posts