• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chilobracys sp blue

Pecaldwell

So, I just got a Chilobracys Sp Blue in a mystery box and I've been looking at bigger enclosures as apparently they are fast growers so I want to be ready. What is a good size for a full grown? I know I need a fossorial enclosure but I didn't know if a regular terrestrial one would work or not. I really like the Jamies Tarantulas enclosures but i want to make sure it is best for the T. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The sp blues grow to around 5.5 to 6 inches, so not huge & they are terrestrial/ semi fossorial. Expect lots of webbing.

My sp blue is still a juvi, but I am expecting to keep mine, when fully grown, in something that will give it both floor space & a few inches of substrate. Something like an Exo Terra PT2265 Faunarium, which will allow for at least 4 inches of substrate, plus some reasonable floor space. But until I see how it behaves & what sort of size enclosure it needs next, the above is just a probable type choice.

Latest posts