• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chilly up north

My fireleg is sitting directly under the heat lamp right now. Might have to put her heat pad out so she doesn't climb as high

Attachments

• PXL_20201105_214449416.jpg
    PXL_20201105_214449416.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 19
What is the temp in the house? Heat lamps are generally frowned on as they can rapidly dehydrate or cook your t.
The house is about 70 in the winter. I have a thermostat on there so it doesn't go more than 75. At night it gets even chillier so I feel bad that they may be too cold.

Aracnoenthusiast

The house is about 70 in the winter. I have a thermostat on there so it doesn't go more than 75. At night it gets even chillier so I feel bad that they may be too cold.
I understand what you mean, but this is a desert species. And it can actually handle temps in the 60s just fine. I would say that unless it gets below 60 you should be fine without a heat lamp. Beautiful t by the way

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My house can vary from 64C on a cold winter night to 80C on a hot summer's day and all my Ts do fine.