• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chilly up north

Squeekee35

My fireleg is sitting directly under the heat lamp right now. Might have to put her heat pad out so she doesn't climb as high

Attachments

• PXL_20201105_214449416.jpg
    PXL_20201105_214449416.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 29

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
The house is about 70 in the winter. I have a thermostat on there so it doesn't go more than 75. At night it gets even chillier so I feel bad that they may be too cold.
I understand what you mean, but this is a desert species. And it can actually handle temps in the 60s just fine. I would say that unless it gets below 60 you should be fine without a heat lamp. Beautiful t by the way

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Hey

That looks like an awfully long drop for your T? What does his/her enclosure look like? Also watch the mesh top— it’s so easy for them to get their tiny hooks on the ends of their feet caught.

I’ve kept my adult T’s through the winter with temps mid 60’s + for years and they were fine — if temps dip too low I will use a space heater to warm up their room.