• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chilean Rose Hair webbing its entrance what does this mean?

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Hey everyone just was a little curious to what this new behavior is that my rose hair is exhibiting. He is webbing up the entrance to his hide and this started last night before I went to bed. It isn't a thick web but just looks like a light film and he has never done this before. I know they do this in the wild sometimes in the winter times when the temperature is cooler. My room is at about 68 degrees F so I dont suspect this to be the case at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Also if any of you need pictures ill take some for you.

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Ya im thinkin its pre moult I have had him for a while but it is a guy so who knows also wont eat so there is my answer probably.

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
Mine does that too with her habba hut, she seals up the entrance at night then the next evening she burst through it like the Incredible Hulk! She has made quite a big ground web too!

Latest posts