• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chilean rose eggs trouble

TJB13

3 Year Member
I pulled my Chilean rose egg sac a couple weeks ago and have been incubating them. I pulled it 2 weeks after it was laid because she left it alone. I had over 150 estimated eggs and very few were shrivelled. I removed the bad looking ones and kept them at 84 degrees Fahrenheit and 80% humidity. I have been rolling them a couple times a day. The last 4 days I have been finding more and more shrivelled and bad. I have continued removing bad ones as I see them but am worried I won't have any left soon. I still am not sure if they are fertile or not. Am I doing something wrong?

TJB13

3 Year Member
Yeah it is quite frustrating.... I'll have to find a mature male and try again in a while. I'm still going to incubate the normal looking ones.

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
:( Sorry to hear that. I decided to leave my G rosea's sac with her last year for about 30 days. I caught her eating it first thing in the morning on day 28. I finally got it away from her. All the eggs looked good and some were already eggs with legs. They were very very sticky from all the ones she had ruptured though and I couldn't roll them or anything because they were sticking horribly to the incubator. I think I'll pull it earlier next time.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
:( Sorry to hear that. I decided to leave my G rosea's sac with her last year for about 30 days. I caught her eating it first thing in the morning on day 28. I finally got it away from her. All the eggs looked good and some were already eggs with legs. They were very very sticky from all the ones she had ruptured though and I couldn't roll them or anything because they were sticking horribly to the incubator. I think I'll pull it earlier next time.
Omg why do they do such horrible things. Hope it goes better next time !

TJB13

3 Year Member
Yeah my "good eggs" aren't eggs with legs or anything so they probably aren't fertile... A good learning experience though. Did any of your eggs with legs survive?

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Yeah my "good eggs" aren't eggs with legs or anything so they probably aren't fertile... A good learning experience though. Did any of your eggs with legs survive?
No, they were all so sticky that once they touched the incubator they were stuck. :( She did molt a couple months later though, and a couple months after that I paired her again, so maybe this will be my lucky year. I wish you much luck also. The more CB G rosea, the better :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No, they were all so sticky that once they touched the incubator they were stuck. :( She did molt a couple months later though, and a couple months after that I paired her again, so maybe this will be my lucky year. I wish you much luck also. The more CB G rosea, the better :)
That is gutting. Such a shame. I really hope it goes well this time.

TJB13

3 Year Member
That's too bad. I wish you luck with yours as well.

Latest posts