• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chilean Rose Communication??

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Ok so today I bought a male Chilean Rose. I already have a female. Iam not intending on breeding them. I have noticed some really curious behavior though. Maybe someone here can shed some light on this for me. I have their enclosures right next to each other. Ever since the male settled in and came down from the side I have noticed that both the male and the female are sitting next to one another, and the male is making leg movements. Are they communicating with each other? I thought Ts couldn't really see? Or is the female putting off some sort of hormone? Any advice as to whats goin on between these two would be great. Thank You!

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Yea and then he does sort of a fiddler motion?? But how do they know the other is there? They are in separate enclosures!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah, I agree. It sounds like you have a mature male looking for love. Post some pics to be sure.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Yes Iam sure he is mature. I will post pics as soon as I find some batteries for my camera lol! He has noticeable hooks and the bulbous pedipalp (probably didn't spell that right). I was just curious how they know the other is there?

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Male!!??
Tarantula 755.JPG

Attachments

• Tarantula 755.JPG
    Tarantula 755.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 17

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
He can probably sense her airborne pheromones and I'm sure she can hear or feel his tapping of the glass. Tarantulas are very sensitive to both chemical and vibration signals. It is unfortunate that your big guy won't be able to fulfill his life's goal before passing on...

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
I would love to unfortunately I have no idea how to care for that many babies and iam not sure what I would do with that many babies!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Dont you know anyone who is experienced at breeding who could help you. ? Or put an advert somewhere .

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
No I don't. I live in north Ga USA and I don't even know anyone who keeps them in my area. I would attempt mating if someone would take the egg sac (if that's possible)??

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, the female would lay the sac, so your male wouldn't be involved in that particular part.

Breeding has risks. He could be eaten if the female isn't receptive.

Although, if's he's mature, he isn't long for this world anyway. Most males live less than a year after molting mature.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Yes Iam aware of the risk. I just wasn't sure about raising that many babies. I would love to attempt it for the experience. U wouldn't want the egg sac would u? Since ur in my are :)That way I could experience the mating ect and let someone more experienced care for babies!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Caring for the sac shouldn't be hard. I haven't done it myself though. Why don't you talk to a member who has some breeding experience before you make your decision?

Latest posts