• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Checking in

Jeef

Hi all! Been lurking here for almost a year. Spider buying season is here, so I decided to make myself known.

I started out in June with the intent of only getting Brachypelmas, and only adults. Ordered a B. Smithi, got a T. albopilosus sling as a freebie. I didn't know about freebies. Decided it was ok, because Tililocatl used to be Brachypelma. Did a crash-course in sling care. I didn't know anything about taking care of slings. It wasn't my genus or age group, but it was still a new world. I'll at least stick to new worlds. A few months later I ordered a B. Emelia. Got another freebie. C. Darlingi. So yeah, totally sticking to the plan here. Then I got fascinated with Aponophelmas and got an A. Chalcodes.

I told a friend I'd stop at ten unless I found an eleventh one I liked. ;)

Cheers all!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome. :) No need to warn you how addictive this hobby is.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome!

It's a slow moving hobby, ya gotta have more than one.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum/family dear lurker :)
There is heroine, crack, oxicodone and tarantula collecting. Who needs college funds for their kids when you could get them tarantulas! I had to convinced my son he'll have to be an entomologist now ;)

Latest posts