• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chat thread..

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey, In lue of Hi-Jacking other threads How about a Chat thread.? One in which we could just shoot the sh....Stuff.

Apparently there is a severe threat of assimilation by Arachno-Borgs, and Delilah Blue and I have been assimilated. So I guess now I'm Kennegaroon.

If I'm not making any sense, It's ok.. just go with it.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh noes! I will have to be reassimilated!

I must go to bed...I have an 8am lab and a 15 hour drive to get there...bleh. That and I have two dogs and a hubby stating at me trying to tell me it's time for bed. :)
Night!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
twenty to nine here am waiting for "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" to start. if you haven't seen it basically a load of famous people are dumped in the Australian outback and have to do trials to win food for everyone there. they have insects tipped over them and have to eat bugs and get shut in boxes with snakes and Rats etc. the public phone in and vote for who they want to do the trial and every year the pretty model/princess/diva who hates getting her nails dirty that's the one who gets all the tasks. women vote for the pretty one cos they are jealous and men vote so they can ogle . I really want to go looking for some baby genics after work tomorrow but need to stay out of pet shops for a few weeks :(

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
twenty to nine here am waiting for "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" to start. if you haven't seen it basically a load of famous people are dumped in the Australian outback and have to do trials to win food for everyone there. they have insects tipped over them and have to eat bugs and get shut in boxes with snakes and Rats etc. the public phone in and vote for who they want to do the trial and every year the pretty model/princess/diva who hates getting her nails dirty that's the one who gets all the tasks. women vote for the pretty one cos they are jealous and men vote so they can ogle . I really want to go looking for some baby genics after work tomorrow but need to stay out of pet shops for a few weeks :(

Oh come on. a baby Genic couldn't be more than what.. 12 pound? (if my conversion is right lol) :D

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
probably not normally but I mentioned somewhere else that my eyes light up when I'm faced with pots of baby t's and pet shop staff take shameless advantage of that and the price Will rocket! and I bet they Will only have three left and I won't be able to pick one and leave two behind I Will end up with them all. pirate and bandit were 25 pound each but they were not tiny

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree...it's one think if you are a one time buyer but if you are a return buyer they should give you a discount!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yes they are greedy people and some shops I buy from the spiders seem so thirsty and hungry I feel sorry for them and go back to buy more

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yes they are greedy people and some shops I buy from the spiders seem so thirsty and hungry I feel sorry for them and go back to buy more

But buying more your only giving them a reason to buy more.
Next time you go, just say no when they jack up the price. Then see if they change their tune towards you.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
in my two favourite shops they have prices on already so I can't get mugged and the spiders are in nice homes and well fed

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I bough my horse because some one told me he was going to be shot because he didn't win any races I'm a sucker for a hard luck story!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I bough my horse because some one told me he was going to be shot because he didn't win any races I'm a sucker for a hard luck story!

Me too, I have a room full of rescues. But in many cases it's better to keep on walking . That way the shop doesn't keep ordering replacement animals that they won't take care of.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sometimes it really irks me to see the looks of horror/disgust/wtf that crosses the faces of the people who are bagging up my crickets when they hear the answer to their question of "So, what are you feeding?"

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Me too. People are so racist over spiders. What these morons dont realise is that the human race would have died out if it was not for our pest eating spiders.

Latest posts