• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Change feeders?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so I'm currently using crickets to feed the few Ts that I have. I have a hamorii and a pulchra that are small slings and are happy with drumsticks. My vegans is having a blast destroying crickets, but my pulchripes isn't having as much luck. I'm not aware that he is eating killed crickets (not 100% sure he isn't) but I did catch a short video of him hunting a cricket but it was too fast.

Is it possible that he isn't interested in non moving food? Therefore should I change feeder to something that I can still feed to my other Ts without hurting them and something he can hunt?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He may not be interested, is his abdomen fat? It IS a Grammastola, and theyre known to be long lived fasters. My pulchripes juvie isnt much of an eater either..neither is my pulchra.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He is a decent size fairly fat. But because he was actively trying to catch the cricket I thought he might want to eat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He is a lil cutie lol. I'll stick to crickets for now then. Easy for me to keep and get hold of. Thanks for help thou

Latest posts