• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chaco golden knee won't eat!!!

Tayler0203

3 Year Member
I've had my Chaco golden knee for about 4 months now, and she is still extremely skittish, and I haven't seen her eat, and I'm starting to get worried. I TRY to feed her four adult pinhead crickets once a week, but she refuses to have anything to do with them. I end up having to remove the crickets after a day has gone by and she hasn't touched them!! I've been reading and I've read that t's don't eat while they're in premolt, but I don't know any of the signs of premolt :( I was looking at her in her cage and I shined my phone flashlight at her abdomen and noticed that there was a shiny beige patch underneath the hair. Does this indicate premolt?? Anyways, if anyone could help me with her feeding issues that would be great!

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Hello Tayler. I assume your G pulchripes is a sling if you feed it pinheads (or: what is an adult pinhead?) or is it an adult? Four months is nothing for an adult...

To help us help you, we need some more informations:
- size of your T
- a picture of the enclosure and of the T (specially the abdomen but also the two pedipalps if it's an adult)
- what are the temps / humidity / substrate / where is the enclosure in the room (next to a window?)

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi,
A sure sign if your G pulchripes is in pre molt she will start to lay a small Web mat to flip over on to when she molts.:):T:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi,
A sure sign if your G pulchripes is in pre molt she will start to lay a small Web mat to flip over on to when she molts.:):T:
depends on size maybe? mine didn't start laying a web mat till about 1 or 1.5 inches DLS. It would molt in it's burrow before that size. Then again, it may have made a mat in the burrow i couldn't see :)

Hello Tayler. I assume your G pulchripes is a sling if you feed it pinheads (or: what is an adult pinhead?) or is it an adult? Four months is nothing for an adult...
That made me scratch my head also :)

Latest posts