• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

@casey k

Tnoob

Here's the picture I got. All three enclosures are pretty much the same. Light misting on the side near the water dish every 3 or 4 days. Bug guts are on the right near the card board.
20190629_194855.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nicely done! Your substrate isn't too wet and the containers are the perfect size! There may be some controversy on keeping the reservoirs in there due to size but they offer adequate humidity and hydration for your new babies. Well done! :)

Tnoob

Nicely done! Your substrate isn't too wet and the containers are the perfect size! There may be some controversy on keeping the reservoirs in there due to size but they offer adequate humidity and hydration for your new babies. Well done! :)
Yeah, I know how people get about care. Who knows. The tarantula hang out neat the water pretty often. Heck the first one I transferred jumped right into the water disk and hung out in there for a few minutes. What about how I managed the feeders? I don't see much interaction between them. I did notice one turned black. I'll probably leave it in until tomorrow night.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah, I know how people get about care. Who knows. The tarantula hang out neat the water pretty often. Heck the first one I transferred jumped right into the water disk and hung out in there for a few minutes. What about how I managed the feeders? I don't see much interaction between them. I did notice one turned black. I'll probably leave it in until tomorrow night.

I would crush meal worms up a bit more since they do have a hard exoskeleton*? I've been feeding them live pinhead crickets and they are aggressive eaters, lol....but I know some can't access pinheads so lateralis babies or a crushed meal worm will do. :)

Tnoob

I would crush meal worms up a bit more since they do have a hard exoskeleton*? I've been feeding them live pinhead crickets and they are aggressive eaters, lol....but I know some can't access pinheads so lateralis babies or a crushed meal worm will do. :)
Thank you, Casey. I'll make appropriate adjustments.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Excellent choice!!

Any Lasiodora in my opinion makes a great first tarantula. Fast growth & a fun feeding response + being hardy are exactly what the doctor ordered.

Oh, & they can get pretty darn big too.

Tnoob

Excellent choice!!

Any Lasiodora in my opinion makes a great first tarantula. Fast growth & a fun feeding response + being hardy are exactly what the doctor ordered.

Oh, & they can get pretty darn big too.
I've heard they are. Most certainly not my first tarantula. I've got an H Mac, and an pterinochulus murinus that are doing well too. My H Mac refuses food though. Not sure, maybe pre molt? Still looks healthy. Good sized abdomen. I am very fascinated by bugs, and it's been working for me so far. Bought the LP from Casey, she's pretty awesome when it comes to being helpful.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've heard they are. Most certainly not my first tarantula. I've got an H Mac, and an pterinochulus murinus that are doing well too. My H Mac refuses food though. Not sure, maybe pre molt? Still looks healthy. Good sized abdomen. I am very fascinated by bugs, and it's been working for me so far. Bought the LP from Casey, she's pretty awesome when it comes to being helpful.

Woot! :):cool:

Latest posts