• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Caribena Versicolor

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I will be attempting my first breeding this weekend. I had my one of my first Ts molt our and be a mature male. Found a mature female and few days later. Female seems to know the male is around and has been drumming. Will be posting updates here.
Exciting times, looking forward to updates.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I’m going to try and get video of the breeding. But my main focus is to get it done and make sure the male doesn’t get chomped.
exactly the same scenario I had with a Genic pairing. I was videoing that, after 18 minutes of courtship (lucky girl btw!!!) it appears he did the job and then the female decided to pounce! last few seconds of video is me scrambling for the net and catch cups while saying lots if naughty words that rhyme with "oh ducking hell, where the truck is the net"....LOL.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I know some genera cohabitate well together. Does anyone know if versi’s Do? If so I’d make sure she is well fed then leave him for a good bit.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know some genera cohabitate well together. Does anyone know if versi’s Do? If so I’d make sure she is well fed then leave him for a good bit.
I’ve fed her a few superworms like a week ago. She is very receptive of the male but the male was scared. Hopefully things work out better over the weekend.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds like your male is getting more courageous.
It’s been like an off on thing. The first attempt he wanted nothing to do with her. The second time he was much more responsive at it lasted a while.
This last time was a mixed bag. I’m going to give it a final go Sunday. I also working on doing 50/50s with him incase it doesn’t work out for me with this male.
Im not trying to be a breeder. Just want to dabble in it with species I enjoy and try to help make more for more people to enjoy them as well.:)
But i’d like it to work out for me to gain experience as a keeper and to have more of coarse,haha!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It’s been like an off on thing. The first attempt he wanted nothing to do with her. The second time he was much more responsive at it lasted a while.
This last time was a mixed bag. I’m going to give it a final go Sunday. I also working on doing 50/50s with him incase it doesn’t work out for me with this male.
Im not trying to be a breeder. Just want to dabble in it with species I enjoy and try to help make more for more people to enjoy them as well.:)
But i’d like it to work out for me to gain experience as a keeper and to have more of coarse,haha!
Did you ever have success with your breeding attempt?:)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I havent tried in a while. Been too busy and wasnt feeling well. But the last time was no luck since female hasnt made a sac and is still drumming. Im going to give it a shot tonight hopefully this time is a success
Hope you are feeling better:) good luck with your attempt-keep us updated!:T:

Sergio

3 Year Member
I have a male Molted Jan 20th, introduced to female two weeks ago after fresh sperm web, in a large breeding tub, was kept in tub with her for about two weeks, even found a fresh sperm web, I pulled him this morning after female retreated her her cage & the cork bark burrow type she stays in, keeping fingers crossed :)

Last edited:

Latest posts