• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Caribena Versicolor Molt Question

BrokenRay

3 Year Member
So I was not aware that my Caribena versicolor was in pre-molt when I recently purchased it.

I woke up this morning and checked on my T's. I do this every morning. I was amazed that my little buddy molted in the middle of the night.

So I have no experience with arboreals. This is my question:

1. Will it discard it's molt from it's webbing or keep it in there with him/her until I remove it?

He/she was going to be rehoused today as my shipment of enclosures arrives today. Now I have to wait until it hardens up. Below is a photo, not the best I know.

Attachments

• 20200702_075911.jpg
    20200702_075911.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36

BrokenRay

3 Year Member
Wait a week to re-home

They often web over their molts, sometimes they eject them. It's no issue to the spider.

Ok thanks man :)
I wait 7 days with my terrestrials after a molt so the same for arboreals is true too. I can't get a good measurement right now but will when I rehouse. I'm excited this was an unexpected bonus so soon.

Latest posts