• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can my G pulchra get out?

PoloLonit

Hi all, this is my first tarantula - I've had this juvenile G pulchra for less than a week. The ventilation holes are tiny enough and I'm not worried about that, but I noticed a little leg sticking out of the gap under the lid. It's a tiny gap - a couple of mms maybe - but now I'm concerned the spider will be able to do a houdini.

The spider is about 1" and I know they can get through very small gaps but I think it's too narrow for its carapace. What do you think from this pic? Also, if I wanted to be safe and seal it up but still be able to open the lid (it slides), any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112_163312.jpg
    Screenshot_20211112_163312.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 30

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Probably not, but I'd be nervous, too. I prefer less to no gap for them to get stuck trying.

PoloLonit

I have a similar issue with my balfouri communal.
The two bigger spoods are definately too big, but the smallest one I'm not quite sure, so for peace of mind I've just tucked a folded bit of paper in the gap until his next molt.
View attachment 61031
I don't know why I hadn't thought of just putting a folded piece of paper in there. Great idea, thank you!