• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can I do this with my Pink Toe?

Avion1929

3 Year Member
A few days ago I put in a cricket for my pink toe to eat, but it's still alive and I need to pull it out...but I've come across my problem with my Pink Toe (rex).

He's made himself a webbed spot in the corner of his enclosure and is hiding in it (probably premolt but I'm not sure). It's attached to the lid of his enclosure, so I'd basically have to destroy the whole thing in order to remove the lid and remove the crickets.

If he's in premolt, is it fine for me to destroy the webbing?

I could still remove the cricket, but it would require me to move the enclosure around which seems more stressful for him than it's worth. But I'm unsure if destroying the webbing would be more stressful or not.

(Also, has anyone known dubia roaches to be dangerous to tarantulas? I lost one in his enclosure last month and found it today being poked by the cricket. It's still alive, but if it poses no danger I'm fine with leaving it until he's ready to eat it.)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just slowly remove the lid and get the cricket. In the future always remove the webbing from doors and lids as soon as you see it. This will discourage them from webbing there. Don't feel bad...They have an endless supply of webbing.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
One of my juvies webs onto the lid, I find I can open it a fair way without totally destroying the web, it might sag a bit after but the basic structure is still there. If I really had to I'd just slice it off perpendicular to the lid, I doubt it would totally collapse. As arachnoclown said though, they won't run out of web, and what else do they do with their time anyway?!!

Latest posts