• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can anyone help me identify these guys?

WolfCrazy64

3 Year Member
I know they're not tarantulas but I was hoping someone on here could help me identify the little spiders in my back garden, thank you in advance :) also my lp Ruby, gbb Riley, giant white knee Rebecca and g pulchripes Ronnie have all molted this week and Riley is in her new tank
WP_20170516_15_43_48_Pro.jpg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have zero knowledge on non tarantulas, but as for all the molts, catching a tarantula molting is neat to see. How big is your GBB, if a small sling, the color change with each molt is unbelievable.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
no idea on that one. they're all new hatchlings, might take a molt or 3 before they can be identified if the markings change. Or hopefully someone has seen them as slings and adults both.

Where do you live? that will help narrow it down also, I could be looking for a spider in the southwest US and you're in the UK or something.

LadyFang618

3 Year Member
They're the same type of spider as the spider in the Charlotte Web book. I can't remember the scientific name tho. Hold on I'll find it with a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LadyFang618

3 Year Member
Awesome! Great find :D
I only know cuz of one of the true spider guys I follow on YouTube. He bread them and he had a wild caught gravid female and he did an experiment with them, seeing who had the higher mortality rate. And who was the "better" mother. And he documented it via video.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I only know cuz of one of the true spider guys I follow on YouTube. He bread them and he had a wild caught gravid female and he did an experiment with them, seeing who had the higher mortality rate. And who was the "better" mother. And he documented it via video.

Cool! i'll have to look that up and watch it.

Latest posts