• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can anybody sex my baby?

Mandiijunck

Hi I'm new to keeping these babies. This is my aphonopelma seemanni coco. She was sold to me female but now that I've gotten to see her underside idk I think she is a he... any thoughts?

Attachments

• Snapchat-374891914.jpg
    Snapchat-374891914.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220515_232328.jpg
    20220515_232328.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 34

Mandiijunck

How fast do these guys grow? The girl at the store said they've had her since she was a sling. I'm learning this species is a super common one people get and is so abundant that people just give them away. I got her bc her living condition was terrible even for in a petstore display tank

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How fast do these guys grow? The girl at the store said they've had her since she was a sling. I'm learning this species is a super common one people get and is so abundant that people just give them away. I got her bc her living condition was terrible even for in a petstore display tank

It looks like she us doing well. You did a good job on her setup from what i can see. Aphonopelma are slow growers. :)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One of my favorite species to raise and bred. I have 4 females at the moment. Doesn't look like she's going to get much bigger. They max out at 5". I'd say the store had her for over 6 years I you believe her story...I highly doubt it. If so they are horrible at making a sale. Good luck with your new addition.