• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Calisoga Care?

For a while, I’ve started to look at the beautiful Calisoga species we have here (US) and I have been very curious to know more about them!

Has anybody here kept these before? What is their care like? What type of lifespan should I expect?

I’ve also heard they have a bit of a sassy personality and may be more similar to Old World tarantulas, is this accurate to what anyone else has experienced?
9B247F30-7D47-4D67-A121-30F5AE36339B.jpeg

MBullock

3 Year Member
Long-lived like aphonos with virtually identical care requirements but more humid.

They are very aggressive predators and will bite you pretty hard if youre careless but otherwise are harmless

Long-lived like aphonos with virtually identical care requirements but more humid.

They are very aggressive predators and will bite you pretty hard if youre careless but otherwise are harmless
Very good to know! I will probably definitely be getting one for my collection in the future. Are they slow growers like Aphonos as well?

Latest posts