• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C versicolor --- excellent new enclosure

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The ExoTerra nano enclosure I put Charlotte in plus her most recent molt really came together in these pics.

She left her usual hiding place in the corner for once to take advantage of all that new area.

These really came out nice.

C Versicolor Charlotte in nano 2.jpg
C Versicolor Charlotte in nano 3.jpg
C versicolor Charlotte in nano 1.jpg

They're a great species to get. Most that pretty either hide under ground or have really nasty bites or some other gotchas.

Aside from being a spaz especially when younger, no complaints. She or he is rather photo sensitive but even that is beginning to improve with size.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice pics! I wish I could keep the species you have.
One word of advice though, you should sign or watermark pictures of this quality as quite often people will claim pictures as their own, especially on fb, and a lot of people think that if a picture comes up in a Google search it's free game to use as they see fit.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They're welcome to have them. I'm not interested in the money. Besides, should anyone try to patent my pics and use that against me, it's real easy to prove you have the oldest copy, not just from postings but from timestamps from the phone itself (S8 Galaxy note)

If I was writing a book, the pics would be covered by the copyright for the entire book itself.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's almost gotta be an Australian version of arboreal tarantula or some other spider that does the same thing as an avic or a pokie because parts of Australia are jungle.

If not, maybe huntsman's spiders occupy that niche?????

I haven't studied up on the Australian ones all that much. Besides, I own a cat or maybe reverse.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, I'm in Australia, so I'd be lucky to see them in the flesh let alone own one, all I can do is drool over the pictures on here and other sites.
There's always a chance that a truly arboreal will be found, very little work has been done on our inverts really, and so much of the country, particularly the north, is inaccessible by road, so it can't be ruled out. It might be that huntsman spiders occupy that niche, but surely some tarantulas managed to compete. The "Blue Legs" I got last Thursday were said to be arboreal ten years ago, according to a few sources on the net, but people I've spoken to lately say that they're just opportunistic, and that it floods where they come from so they may have been in trees to escape the water. I'm still providing higher anchor points though , giving them a choice.
We are also owned by two cats and two dogs, and it's a worry, but I'm very careful about the lids being taped down securely. Although the time a cat knocked over a tank with a baby blue tongue in it and it smashed is very much in my mind.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You can always double cage them, putting the T enclosure inside of another larger one that locks.

Is that blue legs like an OBT where you can just keep it in any kind of random cage you want be it terrestrial arboreal etc?

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You can always double cage them, putting the T enclosure inside of another larger one that locks.

Is that blue legs like an OBT where you can just keep it in any kind of random cage you want be it terrestrial arboreal etc?
I don't really know, everything I find on them is 10 years old, but I figure why not give them enough substrate to burrow and some height if they want to web off the ground.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm sure someone is selling slings in the marketplace. Just remember the old caresheets are wrong about high humidity requirements. Normal home humidity is just fine. They do need a large water dish and good ventilation.

Keep in mind that these guys live way up in trees and humid air is denser them drier air is.

Latest posts