• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C lividum

James1975

On Friday I got myself a c lividum and may I say gorgeous. My problem is it's already in a enclosure. 2" of substrate and a flowerpot hide.and for those 2 days it's been out in the open.
As u all know it's a pet hole and likes to burrow and web up.si my question is shall I leave her to settle in before I put her in the right enclosure with deep substrate.
She was in her hide and I fed her then she webbed up the hide and stayed out in the open which carnt be good for her,what do u think.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Hi James. If it was me I'd get her into the new enclosure straight away, as there's no point leaving her in a below par enclosure longer than necessary.

I don't have any Old World's (yet lol) but for any feisty species like that I wouldn't bother poking her into a catch cup. If I was in your shoes, I'd drop a container straight over her before she realises what's going on, wait for her to finish wigging out, then slide the lid (or cardboard) underneath, just like you'd do for a house spider. Then transferring to the new enclosure is a hell of a lot less hassle. But you've got a good mix of species so you've probably got it down to a fine art already!

James1975

Hi James. If it was me I'd get her into the new enclosure straight away, as there's no point leaving her in a below par enclosure longer than necessary.

I don't have any Old World's (yet lol) but for any feisty species like that I wouldn't bother poking her into a catch cup. If I was in your shoes, I'd drop a container straight over her before she realises what's going on, wait for her to finish wigging out, then slide the lid (or cardboard) underneath, just like you'd do for a house spider. Then transferring to the new enclosure is a hell of a lot less hassle. But you've got a good mix of species so you've probably got it down to a fine art already!
I think your right Jess and yes cup her would be better I've know idea what her temperament is like but I will find out.thanks for the info.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I think your right Jess and yes cup her would be better I've know idea what her temperament is like but I will find out.thanks for the info.

Watch those fingers James!! Just drop a container over her and hold it steady so she doesn't have a chance to react. Good luck my friend.

James1975

Trying to rehouse her but giving me attitude

Attachments

• 15753899763073188854218780895288.jpg
    15753899763073188854218780895288.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23

James1975

Thanks I will let u know how it goes.
Hi jess finally rehouse her she was a nightmare pure evil ,I still love her though.i could not cup her she was in her hide,I turned the hide upside down then I left her to settle she was in stress mode all legs closed in so I went in there picked the hide up with her on straight in the new enclosure before she could react.im still a newbie I deserve a gold star lol.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
She is absolutely gorgeous. No wonder you couldn't resist getting her. I love the look of them, but if they are happy you hardly ever see them. Why are there so many stunning fossorials?!

Latest posts