• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. Darlingi enclosure

Huntzman90

3 Year Member
Hey guys :)

Anyone here ever had a C. Darlingi that used a hide?

Ok so I am setting up a new enclosure for my c. Darlingi 'darla' and am contemplating putting in some cork bark for a hide. Not sure if it will get used or burrow elsewhere. I know that T's will do theyre own thing however I thought I would at least ask if its been seen before.

Ive added plenty of substrate for burrowing as I know they are deep borrowers.

Any other care info on this species would be much appreciated as this is my first ow.

Heres what my enclosure looked like with the cork bark.

20191126_171736.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey guys :)

Anyone here ever had a C. Darlingi that used a hide?

Ok so I am setting up a new enclosure for my c. Darlingi 'darla' and am contemplating putting in some cork bark for a hide. Not sure if it will get used or burrow elsewhere. I know that T's will do theyre own thing however I thought I would at least ask if its been seen before.

Ive added plenty of substrate for burrowing as I know they are deep borrowers.

Any other care info on this species would be much appreciated as this is my first ow.

Heres what my enclosure looked like with the cork bark.

View attachment 42133

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance :)
I have a C. Darlinghi and it does use its cork bark hide.. But most of the time it's out and about but it has absolutely covered everything in thick webbing
They can burrow so good if you've got a decent depth of substrate.. Enclosure looks good but if possible but another plant in there near to the hide as if you give anchor points for the webbing the T will appreciate it :) hope this helps.. Enjoy your Darlinghi they are great Ts to own

Huntzman90

3 Year Member
I have a C. Darlinghi and it does use its cork bark hide.. But most of the time it's out and about but it has absolutely covered everything in thick webbing
They can burrow so good if you've got a decent depth of substrate.. Enclosure looks good but if possible but another plant in there near to the hide as if you give anchor points for the webbing the T will appreciate it :) hope this helps.. Enjoy your Darlinghi they are great Ts to own

Thank you so much!

Ok cool, i was going to put the water dish in that corner but i will swap it with one of the fake plants as it does make more sense. She does love to web :)

Deli container shes in now..
20191119_210857.jpg