• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. cyaneopubescens

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congratulations @Underclock - we are now officially green bottle blue grandparents!!! :) (Well, 2nd round for me- hopefully I get as good as @Austin S. one day ;) ) I just noticed the sac tonight so I will mark this as day 1. She could be 3-4 days in but since I haven't been disturbing her I will be on the safe side about it. At least one of the females produced!!! Fingers crossed we have a high success rate!!! (For those of you that don't know, C. cyaneopubescens are one of the more difficult breeding projects to accomplish!).
IMG_20171015_225541.jpg

Last edited:

Austin S.

3 Year Member
I can't see the pic! UGH!
Congrats though!

I'm taking a break from GBB's now.
39 successful sacs out of 43 is a good stopping point I think, lol.

Also, I see you got some sanderi babies in :). I think I see 5 moderatum 3i babies over here with your name on them ;)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can't see the pic! UGH!
Congrats though!

I'm taking a break from GBB's now.
39 successful sacs out of 43 is a good stopping point I think, lol.

Also, I see you got some sanderi babies in :). I think I see 5 moderatum 3i babies over here with your name on them ;)

Ah yes my friend.....very few sanderi (actually, the last ones they had). :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Heyyyy!

What great news to be greeted with after a month hiatus from this forum!

Lol. Yes, I'm very honest and I won't screw you over. I'm glad you offered him to me. I had another male prior to him that was eaten by female #1, lol. I'm just glad at least one female dropped a sac. :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Small.....but it's a sac! :) No where near the size of my first production but I'm proud either way!
IMG_20171101_174424819.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can guarantee you that right now, they are ewls.
All my GBB sacs hit ewls around day 15.
I pulled the sac early. You think they aren't fertile? Day 30 would've been (from the day I noticed sac) Nov. 15th.

Austin S.

3 Year Member
@Casey K. -

Can you set the deli cup and coffee filter on a bright flash light and take a pic with no flash?
These are GBB eggs at day 18. Three days later they turned ewl:
auJUIMUl.jpg

Do you see any eggs like this?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Casey K. -

Can you set the deli cup and coffee filter on a bright flash light and take a pic with no flash?
These are GBB eggs at day 18. Three days later they turned ewl:
auJUIMUl.jpg

Do you see any eggs like this?

I will go buy some coffee filters. I drink coffee but I have a Keurig, lol. I will check them. Thanks Austin! Right now they are on thick paper towel.