• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Buying online ? Jamie's has a special only 15 dollars for dead Tarantulas!!!

Ric

I purchased a Megaphobema robustum (Columbian Giant Red-leg) 1-1 1/2" online from Jamies's Tarantulas. I have bought from her before without any issues. This was a strange experience. First I purchased the T as a black Friday special. Jamies closed for the holidays the day before they shipped the T.--for over a month. The T arrived dead in the container. It appeared to be mortally injured in the packing process. I followed the instructions for the arrive alive guarantee. Tried contacting Jamies --but they were closed. Only answered sporadically. Would have liked a replacement or some sort of conversation about possible options. Because of the frustration with the lack of customer service I opted for a refund. It still cost me 15 dollars for the dead T and the packaging. That's the guarantee. You are guaranteed to only have to pay 15 dollars if they ship you a dead animal.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is your first post here?

I'll give you a 2 out of 10 for content and 4 out of 10 for the sarcasm. The German judge declined to vote and Russian judge is nowhere to be found, they are too busy hacking you; probably.
Guys, be nice. This person is frustrated and disappointed and came here to blow some steam. This answer is gold Octane but we could show a little more empathy with a new member

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Interesting that the OP's profile indicates they live in Canada, yet Jamie's does not ship internationally
Could be Ontario, California
Guys, be nice. This person is frustrated and disappointed and came here to blow some steam. This answer is gold Octane but we could show a little more empathy with a new member
My restraint, presented in the form of incredulous sarcasm, was intended as an attempt at meekly veiled empathy. Wouldn't you agree?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Ric,
I am very sorry a tarantula was lost and your last experience with Jamie was disappointing.
Sometimes unfortunately things do not work as planned and often out of the seller and buyer’s control. I can imagine how frustrating it is not to get the tarantula you were looking for, especially if the poor thing lost its life too early.
Was the $15 fee or any of the policies applied not listed for buyers to see when you purchased the spider? If it was, it is only fair for it to be applied in a case it was designed for. Keep in mind that the seller would have no purpose or interest in sending you a dead tarantula, this would go against every good business practices as it would make sure, you, a returning customer, would never purchase from them again and would likely post a negative feedback. Saying they sent you a dead spider to make $15 is not really probable or nice. Imagine how you would feel if they tell you that you might have just killed it when opening, rehousing or dropping it? You would feel insulted by an unfair comment. Jamie very likely lost more on this transaction that you did. My rule of thumb is that if you were displease with a transaction or interaction with a seller, but he/she fulfilled all their obligations, it is not worth it to badmouth him or her, there are plenty of sellers on the forum and online for you to pick someone else until you’ll find one that satisfies you. If there is really an issue with that seller, business will take care of business and very soon this seller will need to find something else to do.
I hope you will have better experiences in the future and wish you best luck.
P.S: I learnt it myself the hard way, Black Friday and spiders to not usually go well together

Last edited:

Nich

I’ve actually been to Jamie’s office and I have traded with her several times before and she’s definitely not out to rip people off. Albeit several years ago I dealt with her

Nich

Wow!
Another new member, and first post, in the same thread. What are the chances!?!?
Well tbh, I’ve been lurking the forum for a couple of months now. Just getting back into the hobby after being away for about 7 years. Since I had experience with Jaime in the past I felt obligated to make an account to post.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well tbh, I’ve been lurking the forum for a couple of months now. Just getting back into the hobby after being away for about 7 years. Since I had experience with Jaime in the past I felt obligated to make an account to post.
Well, welcome aboard and welcome back!

Please introduce yourself in the Introductions section and tell us about what you've kept in the past and your future plans

Latest posts