• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Buy B lateralis

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
anyone know cheapest place online to buy b lat roaches? I'm almost out n my slings love em. My problem is that the places I've seen charge more for shipping than the roaches themselves

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
anyone know cheapest place online to buy b lat roaches? I'm almost out n my slings love em. My problem is that the places I've seen charge more for shipping than the roaches themselves
Yeah that's not a species I see in pet stores, ever. It would be nice though, I'd like to try them too. Have you thought of just making one purchase, and starting your own colony? I've been checking out cape cod roaches, they seem pretty legit, and I've seen a few good video reviews.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Yeah that's not a species I see in pet stores, ever. It would be nice though, I'd like to try them too. Have you thought of just making one purchase, and starting your own colony? I've been checking out cape cod roaches, they seem pretty legit, and I've seen a few good video reviews.
I have thought of that. I already have a dubia colony tho, and didn't want to have to breed roaches AND T's, lol. Prolly end up doing it tho. The T's absolutely tear them up. My hey eat them alive, or w the slings that don't appear too much, I crush the heads and leave them at the opening of their hide. Def worth u trying tho

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a starter colony coming tomorrow, with some pet Halloween Hissers. I think I'm going to like them, from what ive read. The running around triggers feeding, and they're supposedly softer and spiders like them better.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
feedersource.com has them lots of 100, 500, and 1k. sizes from pinhead to 1+. I was looking at ordering my next batch from them as my T's don't seem to like the dubai. Koby runs from them, Marley ignores them and the dubai are to big for Redrum. Maybe the genic will eat them after he settles in.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
image.jpg
Just bought a few hissers, for my behemoth T stirmi. These hissers are 3"!!!!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Straight up murder. Hissers are pets, I'm calling PETA. Lol. Seriously though, my latteralis and E javanaca arrived. I think my smaller spiders and Amblypygids are going to love the laterallis. And the Halloween Hissers are awesome, I'll post pics after work, I housed them with the Madagascars. Already got babies from the big ones. I guess these javanaca have softer chitten as well.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
They will love the b Lats. If u don't mind, how much were the b Lats?
I actually was sad about the hisser when I fed it to RAMBO:(
I have 3 more, so maybe I'll keep em. I gave them water, carrots n lettuce. It's all I need, tho, another set of pets to caste for, lol

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They will love the b Lats. If u don't mind, how much were the b Lats?
I actually was sad about the hisser when I fed it to RAMBO:(
I have 3 more, so maybe I'll keep em. I gave them water, carrots n lettuce. It's all I need, tho, another set of pets to caste for, lol
125 latteralis, mixed sizes for 15 bucks. Positive experience with Cape Cod Roaches. It was 9 bucks for shipping to Texas, covered the 12 E javanica as well (25 for them)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Considering getting a hisser....I have a huge problem with the dubia....My spiders don't see them as food, the porteri actually gave it a threat pose then went into its hide, first time ever.. and they are cute.....so...I sort of don't want to keep trying to feed them to my bigger girls...went and got them some nasty crickets. They both immediately pounced on them.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Only about 1/2 of my T's eat dubia. ALL of them eat crickets, tho. Sucks because crickets are so nasty, die easily, stink, and gotta go buy them constantly. I have a small dubia colony, and luckily both my stirmi destroy them, as well as the girls leopard geckos. Most slings partially drain the tiny ones, then leave them do dry out, and I have to remove them.
ALL my slings love b Lats so I'm prolly gonna have to start a small colony.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had a few that refused the dubia at first, but if they get hungry enough they'll change their tune. All of my big spiders love a fat mature dubia. I'm positive the lats will be a hit..much like crickets, Kymura, only better;)
Mass anything is better then crickets...they work, no doubt, and my spoiled spiders love them ...but they are crickets....and why didnt anyone tell me how cute and calm the dubia's were...

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mass anything is better then crickets...they work, no doubt, and my spoiled spiders love them ...but they are crickets....and why didnt anyone tell me how cute and calm the dubia's were...
I try not to think about it, really...Lol. Mainly I'm trying to feed mm dubia if possible, trying to keep the colony from exploding so I feed off the females as well at times.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry Kymura, cute can't be found in my vocabulary to use with Dubai :) I'm knocking on wood and x'ing my fingers the Genic will eat the dubai when he arrives. otherwise they're a waste.